Saturday, March 1, 2014

Stash-busting

In January, I signed up for a long term needlepoint project via Nuts About Needlepoint. Though it has taken me over a month to get into the groove (classes can be demanding and take precedence over fun-time), I finally started my first of 10 small projects.

This project had been one that I have been wanting to try for a long time, so I decided to use it as a jumping off point. My "theme" for this challenge will be hearts/love.

One of my comfy long-sleeve shirts.

Halfway through the project and it's going quite well.

Almost finished.

As the DIY tutorial explains, a little water on the sheet and it peels away fairly easily. I used some tweezers to help pull the paper away from the center stitches. 

I am very happy with the outcome of this first project and it is quite encouraging for the rest of the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment