Friday, December 18, 2015

Bubblegum vodka

Over the past few weeks, I have been telling my husband that I wanted to make bubblegum vodka again. The last time that I made it was for a party which I do not remember, but have been told resulted in me laughing my ass off rolling on the floor. Literally, LMAO ROFL.

So, my husband decided to gift me with a bottle of vodka and a huge bag of Double Bubble (so he could have some of the gum) for my birthday. Yesterday, I was finally able to bring the concoction together. It is incredibly simple.

Ingredients:

  • 1 bottle of vodka - (the first time I did this, I used Smirnoff Triple Distilled Vodka, which is 1.14L. This time I used Absolute Vodka at 750ml. I personally prefer Smirnoff when it comes to vodka, but any vodka will work fine.)
  • 25 pieces of Double Bubble bubble gum - cut in halves
  • Time - 24 hours
You can see that the larger volume of Smirnoff looks a little more diluted. You can always add more gum for a stronger color and flavor, but they are both strongly flavored with 25 pieces already. If I were to use a smaller volume, I would consider using about 20 pieces rather than 25.

Cut in half and toss in a glass jar

  
In just a few minutes you will see the color start to disperse. I swirl or stir it all around a few times before I leave it set for the night.

The next evening it is very pink!

Return to the bottle or place it in a new container.

That's it!
Bubblegum flavored vodka!



No comments:

Post a Comment