Sunday, June 28, 2015

Paper Antelope!


I recently bought a Canon PIXMA Pro-100 professional inkjet printer for my many photo projects and high-detail printing needs and I was delighted to see that the program that comes with it has dozens of free (if you have Canon-certified ink) paper crafts to print out. Detailed animals, NASA spacecrafts, pop-up cards, and creations from Eric Carle (author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?; etc.).



This was my first time trying out paper craft in this manner. It was both fun and infuriating! I had tons of fun cutting, folding, and shaping my antelope, but the glue (a regular Scotch permanent glue stick) I used would not stand up very well to the movement and shaping. I ended up using some liquid felt glue I had laying around and that worked much better. The bond was strong and did not crack/break away once it was dry and I was still manipulating the paper. A trick I also started to do was to use my bone folder to get into places my fingertips couldn't. That helped to reach small tabs and fine spots like the ears, horns, and tail.




No comments:

Post a Comment