Friday, June 19, 2015

Tiny Pinatas

Who doesn't love PINATA?

Even monks love pinatas!
(Acolman, Mexico State -via Wiki Commons)

Pinatas are Chinese in origin, taking on the shapes of buffaloes, cows, and oxen, but they are most widely known in modern times through Spanish culture. They were also used for a while during Lent celebrations. You can read more about the history of pinatas here.

When I saw this pin from A Blackbird's Epiphany tutorial on miniature pinatas, I had to try making one of my own. Her instructions are super simple and clear and she even has a free donkey template to use. 


As you can see, my mini pinata turned out super cute! I had so much fun with this project, that I decided to break out my cookie cutter letters and make my name in tiny pinata letters!

TA-DA! Super fun and adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment